Who we are:
Willoughby Asset Management Inc. is a member of the Harbourfront Group of Companies, a dynamic industry leader specializing in financial services and wealth management. We are a fast-growing enterprise providing financial services and holistic wealth management solutions for mid to high-net-worth individuals. At Willoughby and the Harbourfront Group our core values start with the belief that great people make great companies. Our head offices are in downtown Vancouver, B.C. and Burlington, Ontario and we have over 20 branches across Canada.
Why it is great to work at Willoughby and the Harbourfront Group:
We offer our team members a dynamic, collaborative and family-focused environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, we provide:
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth and development
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- A supportive, engaging, tight-knit culture
- Flexibility: Hybrid work model
The successful candidate will manage full-cycle fund accounting for the Willoughby Investment Products. The role will report to the COO of Willoughby Asset Management and work closely with various internal and departments and external service providers on a small, fast-paced team. In this role you will gain access and experience in all areas of Investment Fund management, working closely with the fund portfolio managers, operations, compliance, and executive team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Cash and holdings reconciliation between core systems, custodian, and fund administrator;
- The review and approval of fund NAVs and distribution calculations done by our fund accounting service provider to ensure accuracy and timely completion;
- Price file uploads including variance analysis and communication with portfolio managers;
- Cash flow management of the funds as it relates to unitholder activity, fund expense payments, and various other payments;
- Review of the unitholder tax slip preparation done by our fund accounting service provider and facilitation of distribution to unitholders;
- Review and approval of the funds’ GST/HST and Trust returns;
- Assistance with the annual fund financial statement audits;
- Assistance with the launch, termination and any other transitions relating to the funds and special projects;
- Ensuring accurate fund records maintenance;
- Preparation and distribution of board and shareholder reports related to fund matters.
- Being the Initial point of contact for fund accounting related enquiries and providing information relating to funds, portfolios, tax, financials, prices, and distributions:
- All other tasks and projects as requested and agreed to relating to the general operations of Willoughby Asset Management and the Harbourfront Group of Companies;
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Must have 2-3 years of fund accounting experience.
- Good understanding of investment products.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to financial statements is an asset.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value to us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Talent@harbourfrontwealth.com